Date of birth: 8/4/1971
Place of birth: Vallejo, Calif.
Hometown: Pittsboro, Ind.
Current residence: Charlotte, N.C.
Spouse: Ingrid
Children: Daughter , Son, Daughter
When he was about a year old, he, his older sister, Kim, and his mother went to a race at Vallejo Speedway with John Bickford. By the time Jeff was 4,
John and Carol were married. Jeff's stepfather took him under his "racing wing" and bought him a BMX bicycle and then a Quarter Midget race car
when he was 5.
"I ran Rio Linda, Sunnyvale, Visalia, Pomona . . . mainly around the Sunnyvale-Fremont area, and Rio Linda, which was a dirt track we'd go to some
weekends. In fact, the very first time I ever got into a race car was at Rio Linda," Gordon said. His stepdad seemed to know that Jeff would become a
race driver because he had him practicing laps in his Quarter Midget soon after he got it. "We'd take that car out every night after I got home from
work and run it lap after lap," John said. "Jeff couldn't seem to get enough of it." By the time he was 8, Jeff had won his first Quarter Midget
championship. Two more followed, and by the early 1980s, Jeff and also won four class championships in Go-Karts. Jeff took to the quarter midget cars
like he was born to race. He was winning races before he could read or write. Jeff ran quarter-midget races every weekend somewhere in the U.S.
Jeff was winning so frequently in quarter midgets that at age nine, he was beating drivers 17 and older. On and on he went, usually racing on dirt and
always moving to a higher level of success.
John Bickford, who married Jeff's mother, Carol, when Jeff was a year old, says racing was Jeff's idea. They made sure he was as safe as possible. "We
were always trying to prepare for the next opportunity -- that would be the way to say it," Bickford says. "I think all parents have a certain level of
concern, but if he chose skydiving I'd be more worried than racing." The highlight of Gordon's California racing career was the quartermidget nationals.
Jeff, then 11, was winning steadily, but this was special. Bickford says Gordon was confident but cautious. "He was smart enough in the races he didn't
win that he knew anything could happen," says Bickford. "He knew there was always a chance he'd lose; so he couldn't be cocky."
But he didn't lose. And once it was determined that Jeff would be a racer, the family had a decision to make. By 1985, Jeff's parents knew that their son's
future was in racing. Vallejo, California, was wonderful, but Jeff could get little competition racing other kids. He needed to race against adults, but he
couldn't do that in his home state because of age restrictions. "It was one of those crossroads in life you come to where you're going to have to make a
commitment to something, whether it's your life or your kid's life," says Bickford. "And I felt the potential in our family lied in our ability to do what it
took to advance the kid." They moved from California to Florida. Then they relocated to Pittsboro, Indiana, near Indianapolis in 1986 for two reasons.
Open-wheel racing was very popular in the Midwest and there were a lot of race tracks in the area. In addition, Jeff could legally race sprint cars in
Indiana with his parents' permission.
The rural Pittsboro was cheaper than Indy, and the family was near the chassis builders and many racetracks. His step-father gave up his small
manufacturing business in California in the hopes that Jeff could become a champion racer.
After moving to Indiana, things were far from easy. In an interview with Newsweek, his step-father said that the family "slept in pick-up trucks and
made our own parts. That's why I think Jeff is misunderstood by people who think he was born to rich parents and had a silver spoon in his mouth."
Jeff joined the United States Auto Club (USAC) at 16 and was the youngest person to ever get a license with the group. Jeff won 3 sprint car track
championships before he was old enough to get a drivers license. In the late-80's, he ventured over to Australia and New Zealand to compete in sprint
car races on foreign soil. He was the 1989 USAC Midget Rookie of the Year.
He went to Tri-West High School in nearby Lizton, Indiana (where he was voted prom king) and graduated in 1989. The day of his graduation, he got
his diploma and quickly changed into his racing gear for a dirt track race in Bloomington that night. He joined the cross country track team in high
school to stay in shape for racing. Often, he'd leave school early (or skip it entirely) on Fridays in favor of travel to tracks like Eldora and Winchester. By
the time he graduated, he'd already won over 100 races. He won the USAC Midget championship in 1990. That year, Jeff ran 21 USAC Midget Car
races. He was the fastest qualifier 10 times, won nine races and at age 19 became the youngest Midget class champion ever. The next year he moved up
to USAC's Silver Crown Division (the cars are similar to Midgets and Sprints but are a lot bigger), and at 20 he became the youngest driver to ever win
that championship. He won the USAC midget title in 1990 and his father suggested that Jeff go to Rockingham, North Carolina and attend the Buck
Baker driving school. Not for sprint cars, but NASCAR stock cars. ESPN taped a story about Jeff's experience there and in return, Baker would teach
Gordon free of charge. After taking his first lap in a stock car, Jeff realized that those were the cars he wanted to race... as long as he was racing.
His breakthrough year was probably 1991 when he won the coveted USAC Silver Crown title and, in a year of frenzied racing, moved up to Busch
Grand National competition driving the #1 Carolina Ford owned by Bill Davis and won rookie of the year honors. The car was sponsored by Baby Ruth
in 1992 in Busch racing and Jeff captured a NASCAR record 11 pole positions that year. Winston Cup car owner Rick Hendrick noticed Gordon driving
an extremely loose race car around Atlanta Motor Speedway that year. He waited for the driver to lose control and wreck but the driver went on the
win the race. Hendrick immediately asked who the driver was and was told that it was "that Gordon kid."
Hendrick told his general manager, Jimmy Johnson, to sign the kid to a Winston Cup contract, whatever it took. In 1992, he signed with Hendrick
Motorsports to drive for car owner Rick Hendrick. However, car owner Bill Davis expected Jeff to drive for him when his team moved up to Winston
Cup. Rather than jump to Winston Cup competiton with an average team that might not be strong enough to qualify every weekend owned by Bill
Davis, Jeff signed the deal of a lifetime putting him into the elite circle of NASCAR teams. At the age of 21, he ran the final race of the 1992 season at
Atlanta. He came out strong in 1993, winning the Gatorade 125-mile Qualifying race for the Daytona 500. He noticed Miss Winston, Brooke Sealy, in
Victory Lane that day. They married in 1994 and lived in Huntersville, North Carolina until 1998 when they moved to Highland Beach, Florida.
Jeff won the Maxx Race Cards Rookie of the Year award in 1993 and finished second in NASCAR's longest race, the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor
Speedway. Jeff finished 14th in the final points standings his first year and hoped to move into the top 10 in points in 1994.
He won the Busch Clash in 1994 and registered his first Winston Cup points win in the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte. Worldwide attention was thrust
upon Jeff when he won the inaugural Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis in August 1994. He finished the 1994 season eighth in the points standings. Despite
the improvement, hardly anyone was prepared for the events of 1995.
Jeff had a dream season in 1995 en route to his first Winston Cup title. After a disappointing Daytona 500, the team rebounded with a wins at
Rockingham, Atlanta, and Bristol in the first six races. Jeff proved he was more than just a superspeedway racer by winning on the challenging
half-mile of Bristol. On the road to the title, he won the Pepsi 400 at Daytona and followed that up with a win the following week on the Loudon, New
Hampshire one-mile oval. Instead of cracking under pressure late in the season, Jeff attacked the races and won the Mountain Dew Southern 500 at
Darlington Raceway and the MBNA 500 at Dover, Delaware's maddening one-mile oval in September which propelled him to a 300 point lead over Dale
Earnhardt. With seven victories, he coasted to the championship at Atlanta and was the toast of New York City in December 1995 at the NASCAR
Awards Banquet. Jeff finished 1995 with a new outlook on his career. He was not the 'star of the future' anymore but a proven champion. In addition, he
asked his parents to give up their role as his managers. He hired Bob Brannan in May of 1995 to manage his business affairs. His parents, who led him
to the doorstep of Winston Cup competition were on the outside looking in at that time.
The 1996 season got off to a rocky start with last place finishes at Daytona and Rockingham. However, Jeff bounced back in week 3 with a win at
Richmond which set the tone for the rest of the season. He won often and on some of the circuit's toughest tracks. Jeff won the Trans-South Financial
400 at Darlington and followed that up with a win the next weekend at Bristol in a rain shortened affair. In June, he won at Dover and Pocono, two of the
circuit's most challenging tracks. Jeff notched a win in the DieHard 500 at Talladega in July but it was overshadowed by a spectacular crash ignited
when Ernie Irvan tapped Sterling Marlin. However, inconsistency hurt him throughout the year. A wreck at Talladega, engine trouble at Louden, and a
cut tire at Indianapolis made the climb to the championship a tougher climb than 1995. He rebounded in September with wins at Darlington, Dover,
and Martinsville, and he won the final NASCAR race at the famed North Wilkesboro Speedway. However, the engine faltered at Charlotte and his title
hopes were dashed as team mate Terry Labonte put together a string of consistent finishes to take the title. Nevertheless, a ten win season is
something most drivers will never achieve and is a remarkable accomplishment in the modern era of NASCAR racing.
The 1997 season began with Jeff signing a deal with Pepsi to become his associate sponsor. Jeff kicked off the racing season by winning the Busch Clash
and the Daytona 500 during Daytona's Speedweeks. He appeared on the 'Late Show with David Letterman' after the 500 and followed that frenzied week
with a win at Rockingham. After a few inconsistent weeks, Jeff rebounded with a win in the Food City 500 at Bristol highlighted by a last lap pass of
race leader Rusty Wallace. Gordon dominated the following week at Martinsville as he captured the Goody's 500. Heading into the Winston Select and
the Coca-Cola 600 in May, the team wanted to run well at Charlotte after disappointing results at the track in 1996. Jeff won the Winston Select all star
race as he dominated the final segment of the race, he won the pole for the Coca-Cola 600, and he capped off a successful two weeks at the track with a
victory in a shortened Coca-Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend. In June, he won the Pocono 500 at Pocono Raceway becoming only the third driver to
win back to back June races at Pocono. Later in June, he won the inaugural race at California Speedway running out of gas just as he took the checkered
flag. Jeff won his first career road course race as he took the checkered flag at Watkins Glen in August. On Labor Day weekend, he became only the
second driver in NASCAR history to win the 'Winston Million' as he won the Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway. In addition, he became the only driver
to win the event three years in a row. After a win at New Hampshire, Jeff was inconsistent the rest of the way but hung on to win the Winston Cup title
by 14 points over Dale Jarrett in Atlanta with a 17th place finish.
The 1998 season started with Pepsi kicking their Jeff Gordon advertising campaign into high gear with a commercial during the Super Bowl. Jeff
started the season with another trip to New York for a guest appearance on "The Late Show With David Letterman." He won at Rockingham but
struggled in 3 of the first 5 races of the season before rebounding with a win at Bristol. After running strong at the Winston, he ran out of gas on the
last lap but rebounded with a win in the Coca Cola 600 in late May. After a crash at Richmond in early June, Gordon put together a string of solid
finishes that culminated with a victory in late June at Sears Point in his native northern California. After winning at Pocono in July, Gordon announced
his plans to form a Busch Grand National team with his crew chief, Ray Evernham. Gordon-Evernham Motorsports will debut on the Busch circuit in
1999 with Gordon driving in 5 races for the team. In August, Gordon won the Brickyard 400 and became the first NASCAR driver to win twice at
Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The $1.6 million payday was the largest ever for a motorsports event, due in part to a $1,000,000 bonus for winning a race
in the No Bull Five. He followed that up with wins at Watkins Glen and Michigan tying the record for consecutive wins in the modern era of Winston
Cup racing. In September, he won his fourth consecutive Southern 500 and another $1,000,000 at Darlington. He won the inaugural running of the Pepsi
400 under the lights at Daytona and wrapped up the season by winning his second consecutive Winston Cup title.
Gordon started off 1999 with a bang by winning the Daytona 500 from the pole position holding off Dale Earnhardt in the closing laps. In early March,
he debuted his new Busch Grand National team at Las Vegas. The first race for the Pepsi Chevrolet BGN team was a solid fourth place effort. In
Gordon's sixth Busch event of the season, Gordon posted a win at Phoenix. Gordon's Winston Cup season was a year of transition. He posted seven
victories, including the aforementioned victory at Daytona, but also had 7 DNF's. Inconsistency, coupled with the departure of longtime crew chief Ray
Evernham in mid-September, relegated Gordon to 6th in the final points standings.
The 2000 season began with a new crew chief in Robbie Loomis and a new pit crew. The DuPont team struggled from the outset with poor finishes at
Daytona, Las Vegas, and Texas. The team also uncharacteristically struggled at places they had come to dominate- Darlington, Pocono, and Martinsville.
After claiming his 50th career win at Talladega in April, the pieces began coming together. Gordon made a major announcement in May at Charlotte
in which DuPont would remain as the team's primary sponsor through 2006. A victory at Sears Point in June was a boon to the team's confidence.
However, a four race stretch in August in which Gordon failed to produce a top 20 finish was the low point. September brought renewed enthusiasm
after a victory at Richmond and Gordon closed the year with ten top 10 finishes in the final eleven races. The team concluded the 2000 season in better
shape than they had concluded 1999. The building blocks for a title run in 2001 were firmly in place.
Focused on a title run, the 2001 season got off to a tragic start with the death of Dale Earnhardt in the season-opening Daytona 500. Gordon rebounded
from a 30th place finish at Daytona with a third place finish at Rockingham and a victory at Las Vegas. A runner-up finish at Atlanta entrenched
Gordon firmly in the title hunt for the season. As spring gave way to summer, Gordon won The Winston (in a back-up car), dominated and won at
Dover, and drove to victory at Michigan. A 37th place finish at Daytona and 17th at Chicago closed the points gap, but Gordon took a commanding lead
with August victories at Indianapolis and Watkins Glen. Four top 10 finishes in the next five races followed before a victory in the inaugural race at
Kansas Speedway in late September. Though Gordon didn't post a top five finish for the remainder of the season following the Kansas win, his
challengers could not make strides toward catching him in the standings. He wrapped up his fourth Winston Cup championship with a sixth place
finish at Atlanta.
Gordon began 2002 with a special paint scheme in recognition of DuPont's 200th Anniversary. He won the 125-mile Qualifying race at Daytona but an
ill-advised block on Sterling Marlin late in the Daytona 500 sent him spinning through the grass. He started the season rather sluggish as he failed to
post a top-five finish through the first six races. During the Darlington race weekend in March, it was announced that Brooke Gordon had filed for
divorce from her husband. With his off-track life becoming fodder for shady news-magazine shows, Gordon remained focused on his raceteam. After an
uncharacteristic spin at Bristol, he bounced back the following week with a second-place finish at Texas. Five straight top-tens from mid-May thru
mid-June got him back into title contention. However, a broken gear at Sonoma and a flat tire at Daytona in July put him behind once again. As the
summer progressed, Gordon finally scored a victory with a bump pass on Rusty Wallace at Bristol. He won again the following weekend at Darlington
and picked up a victory in Kansas in late September. However, inconsistency lingered. Crashes at Dover and Martinsville, along with a blown engine at
Talladega crippled his title hopes for 2002. He concluded the season with four straight top-six finishes and finished fourth in the final point standings.
Following the season, Gordon joined his teammate Jimmie Johnson and MotoCross ace Colin Edwards to represent the USA in the Nations Cup-- an
annual rally-sprint style event off the coast of Morocco. The trio captured the coveted trophy as Gordon ended his racing season with a victory of a
different sort.
The 2003 season began with Gordon hosting "Saturday Night Live." It was the first time a NASCAR driver had been asked to host the late night show
on NBC. He performed in several skits, most notably as a fighter pilot on 'Career Day,' a snake handler, a waiter with a short fuse, and Rickeye Funk.
The racing season began with a 12th place finish in the rain-shortened Daytona 500. A spin at Rockingham and a wreck at Las Vegas set him back to
20th in the points standings after three events. However, a strong runner-up finish at Atlanta provided the momentum for Gordon to score five top-ten
finishes in the next six races. The stretch was highlighted by a dominating victory at Martinsville Speedway. Top-five finishes at Dover, Michigan,
Sonoma, and Chicago pushed him up to second in the series standings. One of the highlights of Gordon's year was a midweek visit to the famed
Indianapolis Motor Speedway in June. He traded cars with Formuala One driver Juan Pablo Montoya and was able to turn about 10 laps on the Indy
road course in the F1 car. His speed was just a second off making the field in the most recent F1 race at the track. Back in the NASCAR world, just
when he looked to be in position to make a run on Matt Kenseth for the points lead, the roof caved in on his season during a disasterous seven week
stretch from mid-July through early September. A 24th place effort at Loudon was followed by a wreck at Pocono. A brief respite came with a fourth
place effort at Indianapolis, but darker days were ahead. After running out of gas on the last lap at Watkins Glen, Gordon tried to coast to the finish
line to finish third. Kevin Harvick came off the final turn and hit the rear of Gordon's car sending him spinning into the inside guardrail. Unable to
restart the car due to the fuel issue, he was credited with a 33rd place finish. A week later, an ill-timed caution flag trapped him a lap down and
resulted in a 30th place finish at Michigan. Wrecks at Bristol and Darlington closed out one of the worst summers of Gordon's racing career. Late
September brought a rebirth of sorts as he put together five straight fifth place finishes. He won again at Martinsville in dominating fashion, and
followed that up with a victory at Atlanta. He closed the season with eight top-ten finishes in the final nine races. For the second straight season he
posted three wins and was fourth in the points standings.
Gordon's 2004 season could be considered a championship season. After all, he did accumulate the most points in the 36-race season. But, in 2004, the
"Chase For The Cup" put a premium on the final ten races of the season. Kurt Busch combined a victory at Loudon with consistent finishes to capture
the championship. Gordon came up 16 points short in the final "chase" total. Victories at Talladega, Daytona, Sonoma, California, and Indianapolis thrust
Gordon into title contention during the summer. Gordon held the points lead after the 26th race when the standings were reset. In the final ten races,
Gordon struggled at Talladega, Kansas, and Atlanta. He was unable to overcome those performances to capture his fifth title. Though, considering the
events of October 24, just being on the track at Atlanta was an accomplishment.
On October 24, a Hendrick Motorsports-owned airplane crashed on its way to the track in Martinsville, Virginia. All ten people on board were killed,
including HMS engine builder Randy Dorton, HMS President John Hendrick, HMS Vice President Jeff Turner, and 24-year-old Ricky Hendrick. The loss
was simply immeasurable. Some called it the worst tragedy in the history of motorsports. When Jimmie Johnson pulled into victory lane at Atlanta--
just one week after the tragedy-- the entire HMS family celebrated with him in victory lane. On the surface, the victory was meaningless. It didn't undo
what occurred, and it didn't make the hurt go away. But for one late October afternoon, it was time to race on. Not because they wanted to, but because
they had to. The Hendrick teams didn't come away with a championship in the NASCAR race in 2004, but they were the ultimate champions in the
human race. In the end, that's what matters most.
The 2005 season started off in dramatic fashion as Gordon scored the victory in the season-opening Daytona 500. A late pass on Dale Earnhardt Jr.
sealed the victory. After racking up wins at Martinsville and Talladega, Gordon had moved up to 2nd in the points standings by early May. Off the
track, his relationship with Ingrid Vandebosch continued to progress as the Belgian model began attending nearly all of the Nextel Cup races with
Gordon. But all was not right in his world. Crew chief Robbie Loomis expressed his desire to move onto other things following the season. The grind of
being a crew chief had worn him down over the past 15 years. The DuPont team began grooming Steve Letarte to take over in 2006. On the track, the
performance took a noticeable downturn. In 8 races from mid-May thru mid-July, Gordon posted 6 finishes of 30th or worse. The dry spell dropped him
to 15th in the points standings. The frustration boiled over on a steamy July afternoon at Chicagoland Speedway. Gordon was struggling with the
handling of the car from the outset of the race. While running 25th, he was taken out in a turn one wreck by Mike Bliss. After the race Gordon
confronted Bliss at a local airport; the end result being a black eye for Bliss. After Gordon failed to qualify for the 'chase for the championship,' Loomis
departed the team as Letarte took over. Gordon posted four top-10 finishes in the last 5 events-- including a win at Martinsville-- which raised their
expectations for 2006.
In 2006, Gordon won races during the summer at Sonoma and Chicago, the latter punctuated with a bump to Matt Kenseth with 4 laps to go, which
sent Kenseth into a spin. Off the track, Gordon filled in for host Regis Philbin on the Live with Regis and Kelly show in January, became a wax figure at
Madame Tussauds at The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Vegas. It was a season where Gordon ran in the lower half of the top-10 in points for the
majority. His results were punctuated with inconsistency, which ultimately doomed his chances in the 'chase for the championship.' He started the
chase with back-to-back 3rd place finishes, but three straight sub-24th place efforts diminished his title hopes for another season. Nevertheless, Gordon
will likely view 2006 as a success. In June he announced his engagement to Vandebosch, which was followed by a wedding in Mexico in early November.
A week before Christmas, Gordon and Vandebosch announced their first child would be born in the summer of 2007.
Gordon started the 2007 season at Daytona International Speedway in a Grand-Am car for the Rolex 24-hour race. He teamed with Wayne Taylor, Jan
Magnussen, and Max Angelelli to finish 3rd in the endurance race. He began the Cup season amidst some controversy after winning the Gatorade Duel
at Daytona. Gordon was disqualified for a height infraction and started 42nd in the Daytona 500. A solid 10th place finish would be a prelude of things
to come. After scoring 5 top-5 finishes in the next 6 races, Gordon visited victory lane for the first time in his Cup career at Phoenix International
Raceway. He tied Dale Earnhardt with his 76th career win and saluted Earnhardt with a victory lap carrying the #3 flag around the track. The following
week Gordon won at Talladega and then won again two weeks later at Darlington while his car was overheating. The only down week for Gordon was
Memorial Day weekend at Lowes Motor Speedway. After making his way through traffic, Gordon was caught up in a wreck started by Tony Raines.
Gordon's car flew backwards in the air but the driver emerged unscathed. In June he played race strategy perfectly and won the rain-shortened Pocono
500. On June 20, Gordon's wife Ingrid gave birth to Ella Sofia. Gordon's jubilation over the birth of his daughter was tempered somewhat after crew
chief Steve Letarte was suspended for 6 races in late-June due to a fender infraction at Infineon Raceway. Gordon posted top-10 finishes every week
with interim crew chief Jeff Meendering to extend his points lead to more than 300. As the 'chase for the championship' neared, Letarte returned and
the team went all-out for victories. They failed to score a win before the chase began and started the 10-race run to the title in 2nd place. Gordon scored
back-to-back wins at Talladega and Charlotte in the chase to open a 68 point lead with 5 races to go. However, Gordon's teammate Jimmie Johnson won
4 consecutive races and coasted to the championship. Gordon ended the season with a modern-era record 30 top-10 finishes.
If you told Jeff Gordon at the start of the 2008 season that he wouldn't score a victory, he probably would not have believed it. After all, he scored the
most total points in 2007. He won 6 races and his chemistry with crew chief Steve Letarte was being compared to the Ray Evernham years in the 90's.
Gordon was picked as the championship favorite in pre-season media polls. When the green flag waved at Daytona to start the season, it looked as if
Gordon's elusive "drive for five" would finally be completed. And then the racing began. Gordon finished 39th in the Daytona 500 after breaking a
suspension piece. He rebounded with a strong 3rd place effort at California Speedway. At Las Vegas, Gordon's car came to life late in the race. On a
late race restart, he pulled to the inside of Matt Kenseth trying to move into second place. Gordon lost control and tapped Kenseth's car. He then
overcorrected and wound up sliding toward the inside wall on the backstretch. He slammed into the wall with the nose of the car -- one of the hardest
hits of his racing career. Battling lingering pain from the crash, Gordon won the pole and finished 5th at Atlanta. The first sign of trouble came at
Texas where Gordon struggled with handling all weekend. He fell to the rear of the field driving an extremely loose car. Yet no amount of adjustments
could make it better. Gordon eventually hit the wall and finished in last place. Hendrick Motorsports as an organization got off to a slow start in 2008.
The Phoenix race would turn out to be a microcosm of Gordon's season. He battled handling issues all night and finished 13th, while Jimmie Johnson
scored a breakthrough victory. Four straight top-10 finishes at Richmond, Darlington, Charlotte, and Dover moved Gordon up to 6th in points-- even
though he hadn't scored a victory. He qualified for the 'chase for the championship' by sitting 10th in the points standings. The season had been
dominated by Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, and Jimmie Johnson, yet Gordon held out hope that his team could catch lightning in a bottle and contend. An
14th place finish at Loudon brought more handling woes to the forefront. Nevetheless, a 4th place fuel mileage effort at Kansas Speedway put Gordon
within striking distance of the title leaders. His hopes would suffer a fatal blow at Talladega when he swerved to avoid a melee in front of him and
went head-on into the backstretch wall. A 38th place finish dropped him to 8th in points and put the focus on scoring a victory before the season ended.
Gordon scored six top-10 finishes in the final seven races, but didn't come close to a victory. The 2008 season started with high hopes for Gordon and his
race team. By season's end, those hopes had fallen to pieces
Jeffery Michael Gordon
Racing Woodys racing collectibles     19975 McAllister Battle Creek Mi 49014  517-507-6086
This website is designed and maintained by Racing Woody. 2010 All rights reserved. Do not duplicate or
redistribute without permission or credit.
Launch date August 4, 2009.  Hosted by Yahoo
You need Java to see this applet.